During the past few months the Environmental Protection Advisory Committee (EPAC) conducted an oversight review of the County’s Environmental Protection Department (EPD), with a particular focus on the following questions:
• Is EPD effective and efficient?
• Do any of its services duplicate services provided by other agencies?
• Does EPD act appropriately in carrying out Commission policies in the enforcement of environmental and land development regulations and in other areas?
• Should EPD’s roles be changing given diminished budgets in other agencies (e.g. water management districts)?
• What should EPD’s future priorities be?